The mandate and ambition of the Research Group on Responsible Innovation
The Responsible Innovation (RI) group is a trans-disciplinary research group at the HiOA Work Research Institute (WRI). Its mandate is to deliver action oriented and policy relevant research of high academic standard in the areas of:
- Ethical, legal and social aspects of emerging science and technologies (ELSA)
- Governance of innovation processes
- Responsible, participatory and integrated innovation processes
- Risk and uncertainty related to health, safety and environmental consequences of new technology development
Specific research interests include:
- the philosophical foundation for sustainability and responsibility
- methods and practices of transdisciplinarity, transparency and dialogue
- concepts of innovation (such as innovation system approaches) and their implications for responsibility
- institutional and structural conditions for (responsible) research and innovation, such codes of conducts, assessment practices, standards and patents
- specific application fields such as biotechnologies, nanotechnologies, geo engineering and ICTs (including welfare technologies and big data)
The Research Group is a founding member of the Virtual Institute for Responsible Innovation (VIRI), lead by the Center for Nanotechnology in Society at Arizona State University.
Get in touch:
Contact Ellen-Marie Forsberg on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a member of our Facebook group!